EGGSTRAVAGANZA April 06 2014
We know its spring here at Party Booty Bags the way most people do…the temperature warms up, the crocus peek out from their winter hideout and the calendar announces it from our office wall.
Around our work space, there is another sign that spring has sprung as well…dozens of eggs arrive on desks. Allison brings in eggs for our tiny team as her 17 hens get back to laying eggs again.
Heather came up with ideas on what kind of fun we could have with the eggs. Her first thought….baked goods…we could have a feast! Second thought…let’s see how we can use them for outside fun or in a Spring Birthday Celebration!
Egg & Spoon Race: Here’s how you play….
- Mark a starting line and post flags (one for each team) about 5 yards away from the line.
- Create two or more teams and have them stand single file behind the starting line.
- The first player in each line balances an egg on a spoon and, on the whistle, races around his team's flag, then back to the starting line to transfer the egg onto a spoon held by the next teammate. That recipient races to the flag and the first runner hands his spoon to the next person in line.
- The race continues until one team finishes the course. Anyone who drops an egg must run to the starting line for another before resuming.
Easter Egg Dyeing Party: Does your little one’s birthday fall near Easter? How about a fun egg dyeing party with these cool decoration ideas…and you can send the party guests home with Party Booty Bags Customized Aprons to continue the fun at home!
Dyeing the Natural Way:
- Before starting, don’t forget…even natural colors stain clothes so wear latex gloves and old clothes!
- Bring 2 cups of hot water to a boil and add the ingredient from the list below to make your chosen color. Let simmer on medium for 10 minutes, then remove from heat and let cool. Strain the liquid into bowls. Set your hard-boiled eggs into the dyes and let stand in the fridge for 30 minutes to a few hours, depending on how deep you want the color.
Tie Dyed Eggs:
- Slightly moisten a paper towel with white vinegar and wrap it around an egg, making sure it's not layered too thick.
- Gently press the tips of food coloring tubes onto the paper towel, using no more than three colors at a time.
- Let the covered egg sit for a few minutes, then remove the paper towel to reveal your groovy creation.
Planting Succulents in Eggs: This is great fun for your little ones. Succulent plants come in tons of amazing colors and are fun to arrange. They are perfect to decorate a picnic, outside party, or any special occasion. Succulents require low water but do require a lot of direct sunlight, so this is definitely an outside garden project. Check out this site for clear instructions on the how-to’s: (http://www.sahomeowner.co.za/2014/01/22/kids-gardening-how-to-make-an-eggshell-succulent-garden/ )
Egg Hunt: Of course an egg hunt would make our list! We’ve gathered some fun variations on the traditional hunt here…
Color Coordinated Egg Hunt:
- This is great for kids because everyone has their “assigned” eggs. Assign each child their own color and make sure they all get the same number of eggs.
- To make it a little more fun and competitive, choose an unassigned color and hide that egg for all the kids to find.
- Ask children to hunt for their egg color.
- Whoever finds the “special” egg gets an extra prize.
Puzzle Egg Hunt:
- Create a puzzle with a message or a picture of the kids (or use your Party Booty Customized Photo Puzzle).
- Divide up the puzzle pieces, hide each one in an egg and hide the eggs.
- Have the kids find all the pieces and see their special picture or read their message once they have put the puzzle together as a team.
Hidden Treasure Egg Hunt:
- Send your team searching for hidden treasure, matey’s!
- Make sure they play the part by giving them eye patches and a map!
- Leave clues for them to help along the way. Come up with some creative egg stuffers like stickers, doubloons, tattoos, etc…
For more fun ideas, check out the Party Booty Bags Pinterest Board – Easter Birthday Party: http://www.pinterest.com/partybootybags/easter-birthday-party/